MADMICK

Feb 3, 2003
OK GUYS,set up a 12 v battery and a timming light,magnetto timming is exactly 180 deg out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!, couple of the magnets chipped so its picking up on the other side of them,gunna have to get another magnetto/flywheel.
at least ive worked out the bloody prob.
SO does anyone have a spare magnetto,im in australia but will pay shipping and will take one from anywhere,and no i dont expect to get it for free.PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE..MICK

Kawierider

Jun 7, 2001
Good luck,
Im looking for the same part. Havent seen one on ebay, jeff fredette doesnt have a used one, and every junkyard ive emailed is fresh out.
IF yo ufind a cheap supply send me an email, ill do the same.
By the way the stocker is over 400 dollars new.
Tim
TCVezina@aol.com

sccasey

Jan 13, 2003
try dirt cycle salvage (also in MA, 508-478-5700, website = www.kersur.net/~honda/). i just got a rebuilt flywheel from them for my 87 -- less than 1/3 the cost of new, and about half what another salvage yard wanted for a used one, after you figure in the credit they gave me for my old flywheel and magnets (the ones that hadn't disintegrated). bike is still in pieces, but the flywheel looks very nice -- with that yellow anodizing on the flywheel itself and LOTS of glue on the magnets...

Top Bottom