Okay, so Fonseca rode the CRF250R . . .

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Sure, Ernesto pulled out a 2nd spot on the podium with the CRF250R, (Cycle News) but what I want to see is the pic of the bike mentioned in this little snippet:
The race was also noteworthy for Yamaha's debut of an aluminum-framed YZ250 two-stroke.
Is this just another thing we'll never see in the US, or is it a pre production unit?

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
unfortunately with all the new 4-stroke hype i think to much of the manufacturers money is being put into the thumpers to see anything like that in mass production in the good ol US. one can always hope and drool on the pictures though.... :confused:

osheen

Feb 27, 2000
I think it's funny that Chad Reed just happened to be there on a YZ250F. Could it be that Yamaha didn't want the CRF250 to win it's very first race?

Hmmmm......

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
i think its always gonna be a grudge match between yam. and hon. with the 4strokes. im certain they new reed would be there. what better way to test the bikes than in real competition against two of the fastest US rider in the division. it would have been a whole lot easier to write off the new yz250f with some no name japanese rider on it than say.....reed. just a thought, anyway i cant wait to see both the bikes in action. especially the crf!!! :)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Now THAT is something different! Looks strong, and light. Of course, unpainted and polished would be cooler.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Yep, last year in teh GP's Yamaha were running aluminum frames on their works 450f (i think it was everts) and also on the 250 2 stroke. I love my yamaha, but the way honda are making their bikes now, it would probably take a well handling yamaha with an aluminum frame to convince me to but another

kiwi_925

Jan 29, 2001
Bartman had those sorts of frames when he was riding a Yamaha, but looks so much better just that straight polished metal look. Oh to have a Rinaldi yamaha......

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I don't see it coming into production in the form exactly, its clearly a test bike. Yamaha is probably most likely playing around with the way to construct a frame the cheapest way possible? Or just test to see if a casting part can with stand the same abuse as a tube. If it was cast it would reduce the complexity of making the frame. If you've noticed the CR's have been slowly getting more and more or a Cast section to'em. The whole YZ frame looks to be like its all made of castings. Just my speculation. I wouldn't hold my breathe waiting for it the design in the picture is alittle crude in overall finish.

Top Bottom