Ol'89r, have you heard what Ronnie Jones is up to?

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Ken.

I have no doubt Ronnie can pull it off. He has been successful at promoting races in the past.

As you know the AMA is getting out of racing. And none too soon as far as I'm concerned. Flattrack is a very exciting sport and should be promoted properly. The AMA has failed miserably in every aspect of promoting racing and they should step aside and let someone with some passion for the sport bring it back.
By running a mile race at the nascar events it will bring a whole new group of people into our sport. Mile racing is a lot like nascar with the big tracks and drafting. It would be hard for a nascar fan not to get excited about watching a pack of 20 or more dirttrackers thundering down the straightaways, drafting each other by only inches and busting into the corners three, four and five abreast. A person would have to be brain dead not to get excited.

I attended a dirttrack race at Pomona several months ago put on by Gene Romero. As you most likely know, Gene is an ex dirttracker and former national #1. He put on an excellent show on a perfectly prepared race track. The show went smoothly and everyone there enjoyed a great night of racing.

There is no reason why Ronnie can't do a better job than the AMA. He comes from racing, has a passion for racing and understands how a racetrack should be prepared. Gene Romero did it. Skip VanLuuewn did it and Eddie Mulder runs a very successful series out here on the West Coast. All very successful racers with a passion for the sport.

IMO, the AMA should get out. They obviously could give a crap less about racing even though racing is the reason for the AMA's existence. The AMA is just like every other big Corporation that has gotten too big for it's own good. They have forgotten their reason for being and the people that got them there. Now, it's all about the money. :|

It will be interesting to see how Ronnie does. :cool:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom