trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Hey guys,
I am planning to race for the next season. My question is: Can my 00 well tuned bike compete against newer 05-06? I know the rider makes all the difference, but will an older bike restrain me from being competitive?
Thanks!

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
A 2000 is plenty competitive with the 05-06 models. The changes between 2000 and 2006 are not so dramatic that you would be at a disadvantage, they are minor fine tuning adjustments. As long as you are comfortable on your bike that is all you need. It will come down to all rider in your situation

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
The bike will not hold you back. A 48 year old pro showed up to a local race a few weeks ago. His only bike was an 89 Honda CR 500. It looked as if it had been washed once in 1980, then put away. Rusty, leaking fork seals, worn out chain, etc.

Obviously no one cared if he entered the 250 pro class. He was riding for fun on a clapped out bike. He lapped up to third place in a 9 lap moto.

Your old machine should be fine. He would have lapped everyone if he would have had a bike as good as yours.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
xxBLAZExx said:
Go get em :cool: ...I rip past all the fancy new bikes on my 99! :ride:

It sure would be a lot of fun :boss:

Thanks guys!

Dirtvet

Jan 23, 2000
My 2001 CR250 will NOT be out accelerated on the track, period. I've ridden newer bikes. Keep the bearings good n'greased, good tires, fresh top end and let her rip. Nothing will hold you back. :ride:

SQUIRLEYMOFO

Jun 11, 2002
My bike is pristine and I'm slow ugh. A friend who used to be extremly fast (and is in good shape plus he's 5' 6" and weighs about 130) put a whippin' on a bunch of boys with a borrowed 1986 KDX 200.............yeah I was sick. Crappy rear shock, air cooled and all he was getting more air then I was. In my deffense he's 10 years younger and rode pro big wheel 80's in the 1980's.

john3_16

May 17, 2004
All things being equal and if you're racing in a class where guys know how to hold the throttle to the stops with clutchless upshifts you will have a disadvantage on the start especially with some 450's...But after a lap or two that extra hp isn't going to make any difference especially when arm pump sets in the beginner and novice classes...In the slower classes they are barely cracking the throttle so losing is not even close to being because of lack of HP.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom