Aug 11, 2009
Hi everyone.
i am getting a TT-R 125L from mt uncle and i think it has bent handelbars. i would like to know how do you put on new bars. thank you very much in advance. :ride: ride on

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Pull the grips off (get new ones).
Pull the controls off (no need to disconnect cabls & hoses)
Remove the 4 bolts holding them to the triple clamps.

Install in reverse order keeping in mind the top clamps may have to face a specific direction (check before you remove them for marks or castings). Then find out the specific sequence and torque values for your bike to make sure you don't over tighten them (a common mistake). Don't over tighten the lever mounts (they should allow the levers to move in a hard impact (teflon tape under them is a good option). DO NOT lube the throttle tube on the bar! Clean and dry only!!! Make sure the throttle tube is either slightly past the end of the bars and some people drop a nickle in the end of the grips to keep from holing them in a crash and to make sure the throttle doesn't stick.

Just don't over think or over tighten anything.

Aug 11, 2009
Thanks man you are a real help. :cool: what kind of bars do you recommend? I am relatively new to dirt biking this is my first bike. Thank you so much.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Aluminum bars are a bit tougher than most steel bars. Basically any that appeal to you as far as fit and cosmentics and are the proper size for the clamps will be fine. I have always liked Renthal products but there are others that are less costly.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I try to be once or twice a decade.

Top Bottom