One Year ago..and a riding question

Fred Bates

Aug 17, 2002
Hey Folks,
It was a nice early evening to go for a ride in New Hampshire. I do my riding poking around the Rockingham Trail in Southern New Hampshire. I do have a riding question, but first off wanted to mention these two things.
One, Thanks for such a neat site. I can for granted take all the great information and feed back from so many KDXers over such a wide (the world) area,
Two, On my way home I realized that riding was helping my mind and spirit to be both distracted and engaged in the necessary healing from the ghastly days of a year ago. Though any exercise can pump endorphins, I believe the clarity, gratitude and feeling of hope on the last stretch of woods today would be hard for me to get elsewhere.
My mundane riding question? I enjoy exploring single track trails, yet find that the ATV/Motorcycle trail is often a continuous series of mild (compared to MX) sandy whoopdedos. I weight 270, and though I stand and “post” (to borrow a horse riding term), I feel that my rear suspension is bouncing around too much. Can I adjust it with out the special order tool from Kawasaki? My second question. I end up in 3rd gear, not wanting to out run my abilities to joust with the whoops. The KDX can lug well for a 2 stroke, yet am I better off letting it rev more that I do? I end up jumping between 2rd and 3rd when riding these sandy roller coasters.
Thanks for the site and putting up with my long windedness.
Fred Bates

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…