cicone

Sep 29, 2003
Dave---as an update to my 2 previous threads regarding loss of power/rich bog at WOT---
just talked to Chris at Boyesen. he said that 90-96 200-250 kdx/kx's notorious for developing weak spark that can't burn all the fuel at high rpm. suggested dropping the main to compensate---but that's a bandaid fix. i'll check the pipe for obstructions and test the stator, coil, and igniter---if you can tell me where to get the spec's and proceedures on the web---or i'll wait for my buddy's fax from the manual. i'm not an expert w/a voltmeter, usually just use to check for continuity. last night w/the stator in place disconnected the three leads and checked resistance. at 1X on ohmmeter got 0--yellow/black, 15---yellow/red stripe, and 15 black/red stripe. using the 10X scale got 0, 200, 200 in same order. what this means, i don't know??

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jay :thumb:

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
Let me check my manual and I'll get back to you. One thing I have found in the past is that the values quoted in the manual for coils and CDIs can't often be duplicated. Temp etc all seem to have an inpact on the outcome and unless you see something like a dead short your values can be way off what the manual states and the part still work fine.

David

cicone said:
Dave---as an update to my 2 previous threads regarding loss of power/rich bog at WOT---
just talked to Chris at Boyesen. he said that 90-96 200-250 kdx/kx's notorious for developing weak spark that can't burn all the fuel at high rpm. suggested dropping the main to compensate---but that's a bandaid fix. i'll check the pipe for obstructions and test the stator, coil, and igniter---if you can tell me where to get the spec's and proceedures on the web---or i'll wait for my buddy's fax from the manual. i'm not an expert w/a voltmeter, usually just use to check for continuity. last night w/the stator in place disconnected the three leads and checked resistance. at 1X on ohmmeter got 0--yellow/black, 15---yellow/red stripe, and 15 black/red stripe. using the 10X scale got 0, 200, 200 in same order. what this means, i don't know??

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jay :thumb:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom