zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Papa & Dapper, I like flowers too. I especially like buying boquets for zia. I have a local flower lady I go to, she lets me in back, helps me pick ones that go together. My favorite flower is a gardenia, because they're delicate and they smell so damn good. I hate carnations. They're ugly and they stink.

And all you guys who think that doing girl stuff is gay.... you obviously have never tried it. It's the best way to score. You get all the hot & lonely housewives to yourself. There's NO competition. If I were single, I'd be taking cooking classes, going to bridal shows, reading Cosmo, and own a salon.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
How, in the world did this turn into flowers being gay? I asked a simple, straight forward question about the flower show and this is what we get? For shame.

I have a rose bush in front of the house that has huge blooms on it in the spring and fall, the girls really like them.

Zio is not only clever, but very smart, he knows what it takes to get the girls. :p

I suppose none of you manly men ever go to the theater either.....or broadway shows? :|

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
PK - sorry the airport didn't open up for the occasion :whiner:

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I not opposed to flowers at all. I think they are a crappy symbol for love or beauty though. You realy love a girl or you think she is b-e-a-utiful so you give her flowers all the time. What does a flower do after you give it to them? Sits in a pot of water (the water gets realy smelly), turns brown, srivels up, and wilts away. Should you not pick something to symbolise love or beauty that is unchanging or undieing?

With that said I think flowers enhance the senery and could not imagine a world without them.

Last edited:

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
I agree, danman, sort of. Initially, I can't think of many natural things that are as beautiful as flowers. Sure, they don't last. That's what the very-special-occasion "hard parts" catalog is for (diamonds, gold, lingerie, perfume, etc.) But it's that natural beauty that relays to your special someone "hey, these remind me of you". And not many things do it as well.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Hey, I got nothing against buying flowers for the ol' lady, but I for damn sure ain't goin' to no flower show. And don't buy me any either. I get my share during secretary's day :|

And I do have to admit, the "hard parts" catalog works better . . .

Top Bottom