Paragon 8-2

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I'll be at an airshow in Oshkosh WI. Let me know if you go later in the month.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
There's no way the boss will let me go 2 weeks in a row, especially since I spent all last Sunday at Unadilla last week. :(

gxdragon

Nov 13, 2002
I'm a maybe on this one. I'll let you know as the week goes on. My wife just started complaining last night about the time I spend riding/racing preparing my bike... More family time blah blah blah...
The way I see it, If she could ride faster we could hang out more. My solution is that her & my daughter practice more and get faster. After all the family that rides together stays together ;).

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Saturdays are out for me, but I will be there Sunday.  There is another dirtbike forum that is planning a ride at paragon on 8/2 & 8/3, so there should be a few people there to ride with (they won't get as big a turnout as DRN does when we go though :laugh: ) .....and I don't know if they let 2 strokes ride with their group either.

gixer

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2001
Well as of now all I have is some maybes.
Sunday are usually no good for me since the wife works and I have to watch my son. Just turned 4 the other day but a couple of weeks ago just started zipping around on his bike with no trainning wheels so looks like we might......ok not might will have another rider in the future.
Ok back to the ride. Most likely I will bring the XR400 and Keep the KX125 at home or bring it as a back up who know but I am still looking for at least 1 person to go with since you have to have 2 people. I see allot of guys are going this weekend to bad I have a family trip planned not that its a bad thing. Now if I can just get the wife to ride.
Ok enough ranting lets see who wants to ride.
Steven

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Hmm Ill have to see if I can sneek away for two Sundays in a row, it would be cool to meet some to the TT guys that will be up too.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Nick,
There's no age restriction and there are lots of 2 smoke guys (me included). You may want to at least put a skid plate on. Brush guards are good to have too but not a must.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
MX tracks are being built....the peewee track is almost done, and they are working on the amateur track.  There will be more tracks to follow.......Check the link for my pictures below, and you can see the progress of the mx tracks......I only have pictures of the peewee right now, but hope to get pictures posted of the amateur track this weekend. 

There is no age limit at Paragon, but you do need to have your parents/guardian sign the waiver for you to ride, and you can not ride alone.  Here's the link to Paragons web site if you have any other questions, or just post them here.

scorch

Dec 23, 2002
It was my first time at paragon Last Saturday. I ride a xr650r and I took 6 spills. It was way too technical for my level of experience.

Cant wait to do it again :)

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
A bunch of us were there last sunday. I like the way you laid out your story with pics. Pretty Cool and glad you had a good time there. :thumb:

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Great report, looks like you guys covered some ground! looks like you made an oppsie and rode through the campground and over the haul rode bridge @ 81 only to find the gate closed,,,, or was it?? Hmmmmmm??? LOL.
Pop quizz: what do you do when you see a Rattler on the side of the taril?????

Grab a stick and poke at it of corse :) .

Flying Scot

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 13, 2002
:whiner: Well now that shutdown is over ( nearly ) I can fix my fork seals ( maybe ) and get the bike out. Glad you guys are still around and trying to ride in the superheat ( 60+ degrees ). I figure in about 3 weeks all my paperwork will be completed for the work we did in the last 3 weeks, so I can ride again. Family's talking about Labor weekend going up and staying over the weekend. We'll see. Who want's to ride - anyone, anyone.

:thumb: This riding once a month thing is killing me. I read the ride reports for Paragon  and wish I was there ( apart from not having the skill level to keep up with you ). Scooter's keeping you all rattled up, even if he bear ly waits for you.

Hopefully see you guys soon at Paragon ( earliest being Labor day weekend).

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Originally posted by Flying Scot
Hopefully see you guys soon at Paragon ( earliest being Labor day weekend).

You'll miss me once again as i'll be there the weekend before labor day (22 -24). I'll rut the trail up for ya! :p

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I am planning on Sunday and Monday for the Labor Day weekend, still have to work that Saturday, And I should be there every Sunday before that too if anybody is up for a ride........I'm just glad I didn't go the doctor for the foot.....I would be in serious withdrawl if I had to have a cast on it

Flying Scot

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 13, 2002
16th - Travel soccer tournament for my son. 23rd - Charity golf tournament for a friends grandaughter ( we have the team that may win - I being the weakest link ) Work 3rd shift Sundays both of those weekends and that leaves Labor weekend.

Treejumper you drive one heck of a distance to play. 2 hrs is enough for me.

Maybe we'll hook up again soon. I got the gear now, no more rocketeer jacket. :thumb:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I would go labor day weekend but we always goto Steel City for the Nationals. Paragon is not too bad of a drive for me. I drive on average 100+ miles a day for work so doing 400 on a weekend for riding is no biggie. The nice thing about Paragon is out of the 200 miles only 15 of it is back road. The rest is I-80 and I-81 which means no waiting for slow pokes to get out of the way. I usually make it to Paragon in 2.5 to 2.75 hours.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Ohhh yeah, I forgot about the nationals.....count me out for the 24 Tree jumper...Thats Broome Tioga....why don't you join us there, who knows, maybe I can swing an extra vip pass for ya....no guarantees on that though, but it never hurts to try

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Where's Broome Tioga? I'm doing the "Family thing" that weekend even thou its not my family. :) We're riding quads on saturday then the old folks and women are going home sunday leaving Shawn and I to do the single track on the bikes.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Broome Tioga is right in my back yard! I'll be there wandering around. :)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…