Parson's Mountain SC on Sunday 6/2

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Hey Guys,
Four of us are heading to Parson's MT. next Sunday for the first time. Hills! :) I'll probably be off line from Monday-Friday (Out of Town). We'll probably get there around 10 am. Anybody interested?

Gomer
TrueSpode
Yamahaxt
linusb
_SOLO_

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Not sure about Parson's. I like the woods a lot but I haven't been in them much lately and not sure if I can take the heat and long trails right now.

I'll play it by ear.

Ivan

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
TS,
I hear ya on the heat thing. Don't worry I take my share of breaks. :)

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
After all 3 days at the track this past weekend, I don't know if I can get out for this coming one. I'll try, though.

Sickboy

May 10, 2001
Where is Parson's MT located? I am pretty new to the area, got a link with a map? I might be going to TNT on Sat, any of you going to be there?

Rob

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Rob,
Welcome to SC. When did you transfer in? Have you been to Manchester yet? It's in your backyard.

Below is a link that will give you the info you're looking for (maps) and much more.

http://www.scohv.org

We've also had a recent discussion on other places to ride in SC. Click here.
We'll be leaving Holly Hill by 7:30 Sunday to head up to Parson's. Should be a good time. We can meet somewhere and caravan if you want to. Keep us posted.

Scott

Attachments

• abbeville.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 179

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Rob, wish you could have made it last weekend. I was there Saturday - Monday!

For Sunday, you can take 378W to 77S to 26W to the intersection of I-20 & I-26. The second exit past I-20 will be Piney Grove Road. We'll meet there (at the Waffle House) at 8:30. If you want to eat, we're going to get there about 8:00 for breakfast. Rumor has it that the Holly Hill crowd can afford to miss a few meals (I can't...still working on my figure), so we'll leave as soon as they get there. :confused:

Ok, Scott, you talked me into it. I'll even have to throw some barkbusters on the CR. Promise me that you guys'll be kind! (Who's going to wait for me at the trail intersections?)

Anyway, you can add me and Danny (my oldest) to the list. If you tell him that the Forest Service stocks the hollow trees with cupcakes, I'm pretty sure you can talk Ivan into going, too.

JamesP: You and your other-brother-Scott going?

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Ok, so Sunday at 10am meet at the trailhead? I can make that.

I'll bring my camelback and just my bike since I don't want to leave Jenni's bike in the trailer alone. That is unless we need another bike. It is a DRZ250... just let me know and I'll ask the wife if it is ok.

I forgot how to get there. I'd like to meet you guys somewhere before hand so we can get there together and pit together.

Any ideas?

Ivan

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
My riding will be curtailed this weekend due to travel. I am going to be in Kansas sans the-other-brother-Scott. Riding will return to it's normal status on June 8 (normal status yet to be determined).

Actually, trail riding is right up our alley...we can even ride at a good pace :eek:

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Aww, man! You're going to miss my yearly outing into the woods! I forget about once per year how scared I am of trees and go out for one of these rides then stay on the track where it's safe for the rest of the year.

Scott...maybe we should shoot for June of '03?

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Gomer/Ivan,
Cool deal! Glad you guys can make it....I think. :think: JK :) Meet at the Waffle House? Sounds good to me! I'll try to get these boys motivated to leave earlier than originally planned. I'm the only morning person in the group. But then again, I'm the oldest in the group. :confused:

Ivan, will you meet us at the trail head or the Waffle House?

Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
I'll even have to throw some barkbusters on the CR. Promise me that you guys'll be kind! (Who's going to wait for me at the trail intersections?)

Gomer,
That will be me, I usually ride clean up, but it'll be you waiting on me. :scream: I've yet to ride in hills, so this will be fun.

Just so we're on all the same page: we'll be going to the Parson's Mountain trails AKA Abbeville. I understand Cedar Springs is nearby and didn't want to cause confusion. Have any of you guys been there?

I PM'd Solo and Yamahaxt the same time I sent your PMs, has anybody heard from 'em?

Talk to you soon,
Scott

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
Scott...maybe we should shoot for June of '03?

You mean me or the real Scott. Surely you can visit the trees more than once a year? There's a rock or two just waiting for you at Brown Mountain.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Hmmm... I am coming from Spartanburg so I'd like to meet somewhere on 28 around 9:30am if possible?

If SOLO's bike is still in pieces tell him to give me a shout and I'll bring Jenni's DRZ250 and he can ride that in the woods.

Ivan

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Will the real Slim Scott please stand up...please stand up! :aj:

I've never been to Brown Mtn and don't really feel all that compelled to go. Like I said, this should be my yearly venture into the woods.

For the Real Slim Scott: We can meet wherever, whenever...you name it. I could even wait till we're closer to Abbeville so we dine with Ivan. :eek:

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
DRN breakfest? Let's do that, I need time to convince him (Ivan) to give up his DRN name to me since I'm the real TrueSpode. :)

I just got off the phone with Stump ('98 WR400) and briefed him on the Waffle House meet. That's 3 confirmed, 1 iffy due to work and Stumps' working on 2 more. So 6 confirmed so far, your 3 plus my 3.

Is the Waffle House the best place to meet and then go dine with Ivan?

Boston weather: 67 and cloudy. Let's hope for that on Sunday!

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Actually, that Waffe House has limited parking, but there is a gas station next door that has plenty.

How 'bout it, Ivan? Wanna meet summr? (somewhere for the dialect challenged)

Sickboy

May 10, 2001
bscottr & Gomer - thanks for the welcome and the map.
Parson's sounds good but I'm gonna see if either of my riding buddies are up for it, I don't really want to go that far with the trailer attached to my ill car right now...
I just got to SC in October 01, but I just bought a bike two weeks ago, so I haven't had much time to check out all the local spots. I've done Manchester 4 times already, was there yesterday and man that place is a beach right now, maybe the rain will help some.

Rob
btw - I've got a 99 CR250 w/numbers 332 on it, bought it from a guy outside of Orangeburg so you may have seen it before.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Gomer, where are you guys meeting at? I will meet anywhere but would rather not go too far out of my way.

Also, I'm geographically challenged so I'll let you pick the location and I'll get lost getting there, be late, eat quick, take a dump and head for the trails speeding to catch up :)

Ivan

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
Ohh, Ivan, see it's the darndest thing... no suspension :ugg: I hate to ask but Parson's mtn. is some of the only trails that I enjoy riding. So if the DRZ is still available I think I can swing it because it is closer to my house.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
What kind of trails are we talking about? Is it open stuff, or really tight? If the planets stay in alignment, I could hit it with you guys.

Would I be better off bringing a stock (borrowed) XR250, or will my 250F with no barkbusters work?

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
Like I said, this should be my yearly venture into the woods.

It takes the WHOLE year for those woods to heal!!! :moon:

wrench

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Julius,
I hear the trails are fairly open, but that's a relative term. Gomer says he's putting his BB's on, so.... :scream:

Ivan,
Any eats places we could meet not out of the way for either of us? First time up that way for me so I'm geographically challenged as well.

Solo,
Does that mean you're in? If so, will you be driving? I need to know if I need to wear my helmet BEFORE we get to the trails. :) :)

Looks like I have 4 riders now, so with Solo and Julius thats's 9. Sickboy and his buds? Yamahaxt and his buds? Wrench?

Gomer,
I just got off the phone with Mack Reed, he blew up his bike last weekend. So he's going to call Eric tomorrow. I believe he has a 265 in his future, like he needs it. :think: I tried to get him to come with us, but with no bike and since he needs to watch little Mackette, he can't make it.

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
It's an iffy situation, I have a friend who goes most every weekend and usually invites me so I will try to catch a ride so no I will not be driving. If I don't get to go with them I probably won't go. Then there is the bike thing...

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Jer, you can ride Jenni's DRZ but I have to know ahead of time. Call me by Friday night at 864-579-2837 if you are going. I don't want to just leave her bike in the trailer at the trail head.

Ivan

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…