Parson's Mountain SC on Sunday 6/2

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Rob: Why don't you drive to Columbia and then ride with us? I'll have room for another bike in the trailer and plenty more in the crewcab.

JP: Want to come to my house Saturday night and then head up with us Sunday?

Wrench: I'm thinking I could wrap a 94 YZ around a tree as a bandaid... :moon:

Scott (the Real One): What bike does Mack have? I know someone with an "extra" 99 CR laying around... :confused:

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Thanks for the invite, G, but I have to stay at my brother's house in Atlanta Saturday night. I missed his last party, and the whole family is peeved at me. His daughters won't cut me any slack until I come stay with them. I'm killing two birds with one stone this way.

Where are we meeting? What time? Who's buying? :confused:

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Whoooo hooooo.... JP coming to play.

JP, I put taller bar clamps on (10mm) and dropped the footpegs. You need to ride it, I think you'll like it. Plus I want to look at your handguards again.

Ivan

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Oh. We are meeting at the trailhead at 10am as far as I know.

I don't know the area well enough to say lets meet anywhere else.

I'd really like to meet somewhere off 72 or 28 at 9 or 9:30 for breakfast.

Ivan

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
Scott (the Real One): What bike does Mack have? I know someone with an "extra" 99 CR laying around... :confused:

Gomer,
I think that's me. ;) Yea, unfortunately he needs to take care of the little one on Sunday while his wife's at work. I wish he could go.... I don't know why as I have all you guys to embarrass me. :) He doesn't have a race for the next 8 weeks, so when he gets his bike running we'll have to do the TNT trip.

Can you put us on the same page IRT breakfast? A place to meet and eat? We need to hook up with TS and JP for din din. :)

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
I need some directions to getting there, I am almost definitly going but I need to know where it is, last time I went I slept on the way so I'm not quite sure how to get there. Mapquest says 2 hours 7 minutes but it is only 56 miles away. So I have that part sort of covered, but I dn't remember where it is except I know you go by a prison and a college that is made up of just a few portable trailers.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Solo,
Does this map help any? I know it's not very good. Abbeville is at the top.

Scott

Attachments

• parson's mountain.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 115

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
Uhhh, sorta. Well not really but I know that if I follow the 28 and then find a 251 then it should be somewhere around there. Last time I went we turned left to get in there so basically I am lost :(

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Scott, if you can meet me at 7:45 at WH, we can do breakfast there. I think it would be too much trouble to try to get everyone to meet up at a yet-unknown restaurant in Abbeville in time to eat then ride. Why don't we plan on doing an afternoon/evening lunch/dinner after the ride?

I'll bring 100 gallons of relatively clean water so everyone should bring a change of clothes to wear after the post-ride-rinse-off.

Someone make Ivan promise not to sing in the shower!

Stumpy

May 31, 2002

So, what, you callin' me fat? I'm not fat, I'm fluffy. ;)
Hello, my name is Stumpy and I am a motoholic... (this is where y'all say, "Hi, Stumpy.)
So, is the plan still 8:00 at the Piney Grove Rd Awful House?

Last edited:

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Hi, Stumpy!

The Santee division of the Holly Hill crowd needs to come to AH to fuel their incredible bodies. I wasn't referring to the whole Holly Hill crowd. ;) How about 7:45?

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
I'll bring 100 gallons of relatively clean water so everyone should bring a change of clothes to wear after the post-ride-rinse-off.

That'll cover the HH gang, what ya'll gonna use? :)

Gomer, True Spode & All,
WH it is, at 7:30 + 15. :confused:

Post ride din din sounds good.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Originally posted by bscottr
Post ride din din sounds good.
You can count on the HH gang to not miss a meal! :eek:

Rumor has it that the ranger station called Scott (the Real one) and sugested that he not come!

yamahaxt

May 23, 2001
Hey guys, was out of town lastweek and did not have a chance to check the computer. Sorry I didn't because 4 of us went to Cedar Springs Sunday morning. Sort of a last minute thing. Sorry I missed you guys.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
yamahaxt,
Sorry you couldn't make it, but we'll do it again. Look for a post later this month, we're going to TNT next.

Scott

yamahaxt

May 23, 2001
bscottr, how did you like Parson's? We were right down the road at Cedar Springs. Let me know when you guys head up to TNT, my buddies and I have ridden there a few times.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
I enjoyed it very much. Different from what I usually ride...better! :) How far is Cedar Springs from Parsons?

Did you see the ride report for Parsons? Click here.

Here's the thread for the TNT trip. Hope you can make it.Click.

yamahaxt

May 23, 2001
Cedar Springs is 20 to 25 minutes from Parson's off of 72 between Abbeville and Greenwood. I actually like Cedar Springs better. Both are about 12 mile loops. Keep me informed on the TNT trip. I saw the ride report here and on georgia offroad. Sounds like you guys had a great time. We made 2 loops at Cedar and headed back home around 12:30. Couple of the guys had to be in Atlanta early the next morning for business trips out west. I spent the rest of the day in the pool....

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
We passed Cedar Springs on Hwy 72 getting too Parson's. It is halfway between Parson's and where we stopped for dinner.

Ivan

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
We'll need to try it sometime soon. Closer to the good din din too! :)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…