billc

Mar 13, 2004
I need a head gasket for a KDX220 and I called every Kawasaki dealer from Renton to Burlington(that must be at least 100 miles) and not one of them has one! They all say "we'll have to order it". A lot of good that does me! I can order it myself.
I'm kind of pissed about it;what do we need dealers for then?
Come on,really! A common part like a head gasket and nobody has one?!

Roland C

~SPONSOR~
Nov 20, 2002
I don't even try to go to my dealer anymore. The local shop hires young punks who take no pride in what they do. They don't even seem to know that much about dirtbikes in general. Very sad :ugg:

yortz

May 16, 2004
They have them in eastern wa. tri-cites $ 21.00 ouch. [ shumate motorsports] maby they can do a dealer to dealer over-niter, worth a try.

GrassMaster

Dec 22, 2003
Yea ive been to K.C's, its pretty nice. But I love having Icon which is in Trussville, which is about 3.5 miles away ;). Im there just about every 3 days on average.

Got anywhere good to ride up there?

GrassMaster

Dec 22, 2003
Yea Icon is HUGE.

We got a ton of places to ride here in central AL. Thousands and Thousands of acres of USX Land.

North Korea...Dont know why I put that there.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Roland C said:
I don't even try to go to my dealer anymore. The local shop hires young punks who take no pride in what they do. They don't even seem to know that much about dirtbikes in general. Very sad :ugg:

I think they get most of their help from McDonalds do-not-hire list. Dealers don't care if the guy behind the counter has a clue, that would cost real money. After all, that's all they care about anyway. It's hard to find someone who gives a damn for $6.00/hr.
"Would you like ketchup with that chain sir?" :laugh:

bcVulcan

Nov 13, 2002
If you have a good dealership in your area with a good trustworthy service/parts dept., then you are very lucky. I buy most of my stuff from RM, Ron Ayres, FRP and places like that. However, it would be nice to be able to order from the dealership when you are in a big hurry, or maybe they could even have a part IN STOCK!, once in a while. I'm a little slower than most, in the fact that I had to recieve poor service for five years before I finally VOWED to NEVER darken the door of my local Kawi dealership again. If I have to, I'll drive fifty miles to another one. Thank goodness for internet shopping. Also, I have Lake Hill Motors here that can get me any aftermarket stuff I need. They just don't sell or work on Green bikes.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
JasonWho said:
the one and only Kawasaki dealer in town had me right where they wanted me.

Five years ago there were four or five different dealers in Abq., now there are two. One of the dealers bought everyone out. Talk about having everyone where he wants them......Not to mention he's a lemco dealer.

Top Bottom