PC or FMF pipe for 250

KiDX

Sponsoring Member
Mar 30, 2001
Can any KDX 250 owners recomend which pipe is better: Pro Circuit or FMF Fatty? Does one have an advantage over the other?

teton

Dec 13, 2000
Dont know if the KDX motor is much different than the KX motor, on my 92 KX 250 I really liked the FMF pipe.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
My friend and I each had the FMF on our KDX250's; don't know of anyone that has used the PC.

The FMF is a good mod for the KDX250. It saves a lot of weight, doesn't add much sound, smooths out the low/midrange hit and gives quite a few more revs on top w/out taking away from the strong bottom end.

kevinkdx

Mar 25, 2001
I have the PC pipe and silencer and I really like it. Ever since i put it one it was an instant gain on top and even gained a little on the bottom. The only downside is the noise factor which is a little louder than fmf but it is worth it for the power gain.

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
I have used both pipes on my bike, and I prefer the FMF, but it is really a personal preference. The FMF has a little more meat in the midrange, but the PC pipe revs a little higher, and is a little smoother through the middle. The differences are not dramatic, and either pipe is a huge improvement over the stock boat anchor that Kawasaki calls a pipe. I did think the FMF was a little easier to jet with, it seems to run a little cleaner down low.

KiDX

Sponsoring Member
Mar 30, 2001
Hey spanky, do you still have the PC pipe?
If so I'll buy it.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…