Pc Or Mac laptop

Cman250

Dude Guy Bub
~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Mar 31, 2007
Patman said:
Cman the current MacBook compares quite nicely with the Pro model, the G4 variant was phased out in 2006.

Correct, I had meant the ibooks as compared to the mac books. Both Mac books including mac book pro are very capable machines and are quite user friendly. However, the ibooks which are used through out our school system seemed to be more or less a boat anchor. Maybe it had something to do with the MLTI programs installed for educational purposes but still I found that when using the ibook it would quit out of programs (like when your writing a paper) and I had lost many files and information when it did. Also they seemed to freeze when opening up a web browser or something similar. Good luck with your purchase.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Okiewan said:
OS thing? Not really, you can use any USB 3 button (or more) mouse you want on a Mac. Yes, the notebooks have a one button mouse (touchpad), but it's purely a hardware decision.
Wait a minute you mean I can use a two button mouse and have a right and left click with that thing?! :bang:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I tried a 2 button mouse and oddly I didn't see much benifit like in Windows. :think: OS, software or hardware it just seems like there really isn't much need for it with the basic uses I have the Macbook for.

May 10, 2007
Cman250 said:
Both Mac books including mac book pro are very capable machines and are quite user friendly.QUOTE]

i think that the macbook pros are overpriced. you can get something just as good for less on a PC.

mkelly04

Jul 27, 2007

lifeisgreat7

Aug 10, 2008
PC's all the way. You can't beat the low prices and having XP installed will really make you happy. Stay away from VISTA.

Tennessee Thumper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 23, 2000
lifeisgreat7 said:
PC's all the way. You can't beat the low prices and having XP installed will really make you happy. Stay away from VISTA.

Vista runs just fine on a Mac..... :nod:

mkelly04

Jul 27, 2007
flyingfuzzball said:
so you would rather spend more money to get the same thing :coocoo:

Yes, you get the same hardware.

But for the extra you get os x. You suddenly have a machine that just works, doesnt crash doesnt get infected by spyware, doesnt slow down and have to be rebuilt ever 2-4 months.

Mac vs. pc is like comparing a ferrari with a pinto.... Sure, they are both cars but I can tell you which one I would rather pick up groceries in :)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
mkelly04 said:
Mac vs. pc is like comparing a ferrari with a pinto.... Sure, they are both cars but I can tell you which one I would rather pick up groceries in :)
yeah, getting groceries in a Ferarri is a real butt-itch.

rpm12505

~SPONSOR~
Sep 25, 2005
UPDATE:

Short story, He went with a Macbook.

Long story, My budget was $1500, my wifes was $1000. Hmm seems a little lite but what the hell. They take off for the apple store and come back $1900 lighter. :yikes: Dang I'm glad I didn't go. What happened I ask. My son flashes that same smile he gave us 18 years ago when pee'd all over us while changing his diaper (only with teeth of coarse). Looks like he's done it again :(

Hey thanks for all the insight guys I appreciate it. And it look like I may have found some technical help here at DRN. Right buddies,pals,chums, I'll be your best friend!! Hey where did you all go :whoa: Shoot, black balled again.

mkelly04

Jul 27, 2007
Solid State said:
You sure about that claim?

Alright, I will qualify that statement.

doesnt get infected by 99.999999999% of the spyware out there. :)

And as far as I know 100% of the Mac spyware requires a user to install it. I have not seen a drive-by infection of a mac yet.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…