Perry State Forest - Sunday 11-10-02

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
hello all,
planning on riding perry state forest on sunday the 10th, it's been last year since all of us got together for a cruise through the woods, if you can make it this will probably be the last chance to get a ride in before next year...so how about it? 9:30 a.m. at the parking area

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
bump?

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
hey jeff, u gonna haul my bike up there for me, if so ill go w/ ya. ill chip in for gas and what not. let me know

michigan

Mar 9, 2001
I've been hearing about perry for quite a while, and I'd like to go. BUT the kickstarter on my 5 month old bike broke in half last weekend and I won't have a replacement by then. Maybe in the spring?

have a good time!

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
got room on the trailer for 2 more there pres, don't know for sure what dan's getting into but I doubt he'll be there.

michigan, you mean the lever or the shaft broke? Just bumpstart it man :thumb:

michigan

Mar 9, 2001
smb-
just the lever. I guess its been a problem with the big kx for a while.

have you ever tried to bumpstart a 500?

what ever happened to that fancy-pants euro 200 that you used to ride?

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
twas a 250, and it beat me half to death (too much for a lil guy like myself) so swapped it off for a woods sofa :)

rugger

Jul 25, 2002
smb.. I would like to make it out for a ride that day. I am in Columbus and could meet you at the parking lot at 9:30 or whenever. My riding partner tweeked his knee a few weeks ago, so i'll probably be going that way alone. Let me know if you'll be there for sure and how to find you. Thanks.

Shane

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
I found Dirtrider.net about a month ago and just bought a KX500 last night. I'm not quite ready to hang with any veteran riders yet but come spring I sure hope I am. I live about 10 miles south of the trails at Yellow Creek/Wellsville. Might see some of you there!

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
believe me GWCRIM we ain't no veterans, i am only 22 and jeff is 21, we just play ride, and sometimes to go ride some races, nothing spectacular. If u want u can come over, u won't hold us up

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
Thanks for the vote of confidence, but for my first weekend on a dirtbike since about the time you guys were born :eek: I think I'll stay closer to home! I have a 6 yr old son learning on a PW80, so I'll just stick with him for now.

Believe me, when I get comfy on this new monster, I'll be out there with ya!

JimmyD2

~SPONSOR~
Nov 10, 2000
Bad news.

When I got home from work my new oil gauge for the KLX was waiting for me on the porch. (It is the little glass window that you check the oil through) I busted it at Perry two weeks ago and got to sit in my van while my buddies rode for a couple of hours... I was happy to see that the replacement actually got here on time for me to go riding this weekend!

Well long story short - I broke the new one while putting it in. I am indeed an idiot.

I was not meant to ride again this year. Period. :ugg:

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
is it a special size, or can u get one from any bike, cause i bet we can get u one b4 the ride this weekend. let me know, and ill check on it for ya

JimmyD2

~SPONSOR~
Nov 10, 2000
I'm calling around local shops here tomorrow and I'll let you know how I do. I got another one ordered from BikeBandit.com already. But it won't be here til next week.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
rugger,
I'll definitely be there on sunday, look for the pickup with the dirtrider.net windshield sticker and the bikes with DRN fender stickers ;)
greenish/bluish mazda with a black 3 rail trailer.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
This is still going on, sunday at 9:30 at the parking area, so far we've got 6 of our finest spodes lined up to cruise through the trees, should be a good weekend for riding too.

rugger

Jul 25, 2002
smb_racing, I'll be there Sunday. I'll look for your truck. I'll be driving a Grey Honda Passport with a 5'X8" black trailor w/ black/purple KTM. Hope to see ya all then!

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
KTM? you mean there'll be another one there now? oh geez :confused:

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
well, got to meet another DRN'er (ruggers, cool guy) and we headed off towards the bowl to play on the hills. Within 30 minutes of riding we noticed that ruggers had a flat, so we rode up to the gas station to pump it up. Turns out it's worse off than could be handled with air and the magic fixit spray so his day was cut short. Then the same thing happened to pres so he sat out most of the riding. The rest of us had a great time playing on hills and some side trails, was really muddy which made anything tough almost out of the question (I love four stroke tractability though :) )
It only rained on us for a short period of time though, mostly it was a nice warm day, would have been even better if it'd have been dry, I ended up in the same gully that billy broke his leg in, but I went into it much slower and rode it out.

rugger

Jul 25, 2002
Well, it was cool to meet you guys and get to ride oh, about 30 minutes or so! :( I spent most of yesterday working on the bike. I'll be damn if the tire isn't holding air now! I tour down the bike any way and fixed up my pipe and cleaned up the hard to get to spots. Bought a heavy duty tube and some other things and ended up not taking the tire/tube off of the rim, cause it seems to be sealed now. I was going to change the tube and ended up doing everything but that! I guess i'll change the tube, even though its holding air, to be on the safe side. Whats the weather suppose to be like this weekend? Other than cold. Anyway, thanks for letting me tag along for a bit and hope to get to do some real riding with you guys next time. Later.

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
yea it was fun, u will have to come down and ride our hare scramble track sometime. i believe i have sunday and monday off this week, so if anyone want to get some riding in let me know and ill throw a tube in my bike also ;)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…