whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
05 CRF450R the stock leek jet is 55, I do believe a # 60 would be leaner, MY dilemma is where do I get 1, somewhere I thought I read that this jet is the same as a 06 RM250 power jet, they offer a #60, jd kit offers in increments of 10. Any knowledge on this and does anyone know a petrochemist around chicago, that will blend specific gas? (Eric knows one!)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
does anyone know a petrochemist around chicago, that will blend specific gas? (Eric knows one!)

Dave Redszus c/o Precision AutoResearch
Main: 630-766-4402
Fax: 630-766-1715
Email : PARbrowser@aol.com

Spokes574

Apr 27, 2001
Leak Jet

Smaller the jet, the more gas that will be forced into the engine, and less will go back into float bowl - its the opposite of what you would think but once you look a the diagram flow of how the leak systeem works, then it makes sense.

You can order via your honda dealer. They cost about $8 each.
If you put an after market pipe, the trend is to go with a smaller leak jet to get more fuel into the cylinder.

I was told that one size change is not really that noticeable, you need to do atleast 2 sizes jump to see a noticeable difference.

Spokes574

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
going from a 55 to 60 will not make much difference. Jump at least about 20 in size there. Go into a 70 or something.

You can order them at any Yamaha Dealer-

http://m.bobbitt.home.comcast.net/yz426fm/tech/ap3.jpg

Also you can buy a JD leak jet kit that goes in sizes of 2.

Here is some more info on them from the Yamaha Seminar manuals:

http://m.bobbitt.home.comcast.net/yz426fm/tech/ap1.jpg

But before messing with the leak just to much, I would check the timing of the AP squirt. make sure it just misses the slide. Adjust as you need and you may need to replace a few parts like the AP cam and spring in the carb if it is to lazy.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
So heres what happened, got a 60 from dgy and them jerks soaked me 10.50 a piece!!!!!! Yamaha is the only company that sells them!!! Tried the 75 from jd,bogged, tried the 60 and I'm content not flooding the whole throttle range and covering up the jetting, the stupid jd and quickshot is all about flooding your engine with gas! with the stock setup,ap timing properly set,I could run a 190 main jet before it started dumping more fuel in the engine than the ap on steroids! Now with the ap functioning properly, back to near stock jetting,the motor is ripp'in and another clutch went south, but when the ap was dumping all the excess fuel and the oversized main, it was belching a 4 foot flame and the bike was hooking up good and the power delivery was very good for the track we were at! So now I guess hinson will be getting some money from us, and if a hydraulic clutch means I can put some locomotive springs in it then I don't have to try my posi-lock clutch idea that will probably shatter the tranny or rip the tire off!

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
Get rid of the quickshot. Waste of money. The leak jet will do more and is tuneable compared to the AP covers.

Also TIME the AP squirt so it just misses the slide.

Yes the leak jets are a rip off! $7-8 each. but what to do?

Also with the newer 4 strokes, you need to remove the hotstart plunger from the carb, clean it and then lightly lube it up. If it is stuck open I will create a lean condition in the motor plus make it hard to start and shoot out flames.

lkessler

Aug 27, 2004
If your honda dealer cannot find them on your year and model then have them look under a diff. model CRF250 or an X they are the same on most of the CRF's

Top Bottom