photo post processing software

fatcat216

"Don't Worry Sister"
~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2007
My daughter would like some alternatives to the freeware she's been using to play around with her photos. (Something that came with our hp printer.)

She is primarily looking for simple options- how to colorize the t-shirts all the same color from a b&w, was one for instance.

Mostly she takes photos of her and her friends, and pop art type stuff.

We have a "good" camera, but she prefers to use a $300 pocket digital camera. Her interests pull her more toward having fun with quick shoots and playing with the photos afterwards.

Suggestions with some supporting pros cons, please. I've read a basic reviews of the major payfer options. Would just like to hear your thoughts and experiences. Thanks in advance.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Check out the GIMP, if you want good, low (no) buck functionality. It's the next best thing to Photoshop, and did I mention, it's FREE!! If you don't like it, then you have only lost a little time. As with any software of the type, there is a learning curve. http://www.gimp.org/

fatcat216

"Don't Worry Sister"
~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2007
I read about that earlier tonight... I think there is a version that is more user friendly, an interface laid over the top.

Do you use this FruDaddy?

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Not any more, but I used to. When I was using it, I had no idea how to use all that it has to offer. I took a Photoshop class a few years ago, and haven't needed to go back. Were I in the market now, I would probably go with the Gimp over P'Shop, there is seldom anything that I need to do that Gimp couldn't handle. Of course, you can always download the Photoshop trial for comparison. I believe that it is fully functional for 30 days.

Top Bottom