Picking the pipe that's right for you.

Frontside720

Aug 12, 2004
I'm trying to find information on how to pick the pipe that's right for me.

I'm am going to do trail riding here in Canada and I know I will need a spark arrestor. Other than that, I'm at a complete loss.

Can someone give me direction on where I can find some good information on pipes. I have checked the manufacturers sites but I'm still uncertain.

Thanks for the help.

MUDMAX

Jan 7, 2003
Keep that stock silencer ! It is so quiet, has the spark arrestor, and as far as I know an aftermarket silencer does not worth the money. I have FMF desert/rev/-30 pipe on my 220 and gives a lot more top from mid rpm. I'm really happy with it and i ride all kind of terrain as I ride in Quebec city.

1tontj

Mar 19, 2004
I can whole heartedly reccomend the FMF gnarly rev pipe too.
Was a bit of a PITA to get it on, but WORTH IT!

To get one cheap, I reccomend:

Central Alabama Motorsports in Clanton, AL.
205-280-0601
fax: 205-280-0920

Unlike almost all "on-line" american places they are cdn shipping friendly. Tell them Phil Jensen sent you and at your request they will mark the value at half for taxes and ship "Global express mail" so there are no brokerage fees.

Even WITH the shipping included they are about 40% cheaper than any local dealers.

HTH,
Phil

BRYDEN1

Sep 22, 2003
Which catalog can you view online to see what lines C.A.M. carries? (parts unlimited, tucker rocky, etc)

Frontside720

Aug 12, 2004
Thanks for the tip.

I seen a good deal on a Pro Circuit Platinum 2 Pipe. They also have the woods friendly silencer.

How's that pipe?

1tontj

Mar 19, 2004
CAM carries just about anything (never told me they couldn't get something).
They are a parts unlimited dealer for sure, not sure about the other place.

Unfortunatly CAM is old style - no web site yet. Hell they don't even have an answering machine on during the day and will talk to you as long as you wish. So sometimes you have to hit redial a few times to miss the busy signal. What I always do is just fax in my orders from work.
But great prices, very nice people - and I have always had good service.

Sometimes it is nice to deal with the little guy than the big arrogant on-line places who (don't give a $hit and don't now what customer service is...

Phil

billc

Mar 13, 2004
You didn't say where in Canada that you ride.
I have a PC Platinum pipe and it is a quality pipe,but for where I ride in W.Washington I should have bought a Platinum2 for the extra grunt. I hardly ever use 6th gear or scream the engine in any gear.
Where I ride it's rocks and roots so smooth low end grunt is what works here.
And keep that stock silencer,it's good.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Frontside720 said:
The stock silencer is good? Really?

As good as an aftermarket silencer?

It works as well it just weighs a lot more.

1tontj

Mar 19, 2004
If you were asking me I ride in Ontario.

Mostrly rocks and roots here too, and the KDX has all the low end you need. BUT when you want to wheelie over a log, mud hole, etc. The REV pipe is the ticket, it will loft the tire with ease.

Phil

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…