crashburn36

Mar 25, 2002
This one will work I promise, my wife was pressuring me to get off the computer and I kept putting in the wrong URL.

Click on...I am the One

Finally it works! I'll make sure I preview them for now on.

crashburn36

Mar 25, 2002
I really screwed this thread up, i didn't know I could edit my threads, but now I know and I won't write ten posts to try and fix them.

crashburn36

Mar 25, 2002
It gives it more bottom end and I think it really rips with it chopped off. It's not any louder than a 250 so its well worth the performance for the little exrta noise. And it makes it look so much better, it actually looks like ashorty silecer. If it sounds to good to be true look in dirtbike magazines, they don't sell shorty silencers for every mx bike for nothing. Its not balls to wall power because if it was this would be the # 1 hop up. Just remeber if you decide to do it get a re-packing kit and you'll need a drill, hack saw and a vise(or a buddy to hold while you cut it). If they let me I'm going to put complete instructions on the KDX Riders Community site. Give me a few days and I should have it posted.

Last edited:

detroit

Mar 30, 2002
looks good but I have a Question. I have a TurbinecoreII silecer/arrestor.
Is this mod legal or approved still in the eyes of the woods cops. thanks in advance

crashburn36

Mar 25, 2002
I doubt it very much, especially if they are going to do a sound test. Where I live in North Dakota they are really lax with riding ATV's and dirtbikes, unless your in a wildlife management area. So until I move I'm not to worried about it. But for your sake unless you have an extra one to try it out with then I wouldn't do it. And I definitly wouldn't do it with a spark arrester, being how much more money they are than a regular silencer.

krazyk

Mar 28, 2002
hey detroit,

I have done my turbinecore II, and had no trouble doing it.
I took 5" off mine with my chope saw, and if repacked it still sounds off less then a stock KX. I did it for looks only, the s/a pipe was just to long for me.
I only got a very small performance gain from this mod, and it is all on top end, I don't use top speed much at all, so the fact that I have to repack it more often to stay leagle out ways the gains in MHO.

Top Bottom