pictures of mx front number plates on kdxs'

est142

Dec 30, 2003
I am going to swap out the headlight on my 97 220, for an mx number plate. I am interested in pics and please list the name of the plate you used. thanks alot.

Kwakasaki

Aug 22, 2004
I used a Factory 2004 kx250f plate, sorry I dont have nay pictures available. I did have to weld up a lower bracket for it but it worked out perfect.

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
I don't have any better pics right now.
If I remember correctly it's a 1991 KX125 plate. Top screw fits fine, then I just throw zip ties around the fork legs through the bottom holes. Not perfect, but works fine for me.

Muddy.jpg

ridejunky

Dec 6, 2005
adam728 said:
I don't have any better pics right now.
If I remember correctly it's a 1991 KX125 plate. Top screw fits fine, then I just throw zip ties around the fork legs through the bottom holes. Not perfect, but works fine for me.

Muddy.jpg
How in the world do you dual sport that thing like that, Looks like you have a Mx rear fender to boot. Some guys like living on the edge when they ride but riding that bike on the road is over the top :laugh:

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
The Baja Designs kit and higher output lighting coil came to around $500. I'd piece it together myself if I had to do it again. Could easily come in under 1/2 that amount.

Insurance and licensing for a year probably came out around another $250 or so. Very worth it, as it opens up loads and loads of new legal trails. I don't ride it on the road too terribly much. I used to commute to work on it, but now my normal drive is close to 100 miles one way, a little much for taking the bike.

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
FMF rev pipe and FMF Turbine Core II silencer. I swapped silencers around for a while to see what difference there was. FMF gave a little bit better throttle response. In that pic I did have the stocker on. The stock one would be fine if it didn't weigh so much.

foots

Aug 20, 2003
If you mean the ones on my KDX actually they were left over from a DRZ I parted out. I think I have about $35 in the whole conversion.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom