Pictures of my "new" KDX

MADisher

Grand Data Poohbah
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 30, 2000
Nice,

Since you are diging in this winter...

Fork Springs, Fork Springs, Fork Springs, Fork Springs, Fork Springs

You look about my size (maybe a tad larger :) You'll be glad you did, they handle soo much better with the right springs.

-MD

Bryan Kimsey

Sep 10, 2001

WR 250

Mar 17, 2000
Wow, that is too weird. Your bike history matches mine quite closley. I had an '87 XR 250 and an '88 XR 200 plus a '93 WR 250 before I bought my KDX. I agree with your decriptions of the XR's, I don't miss them at all since I got my KDX. I should have played around with my WR though, I never thought it had much low end, just a hard to control hit once it got on pipe. I never played with jetting besides leaning it out on the pilot and that helped it out quite a bit. Enjoy your KDX! This site has given me lots of info for the past couple of years.

Bryan Kimsey

Sep 10, 2001
WR tuning

Originally posted by rockrider
I should have played around with my WR though, I never thought it had much low end, just a hard to control hit once it got on pipe.

My WR's power valve was not hooked up correctly and I rode the bike for almost a year (and redid the top end!) before I got to studying the valve and realized that it had been hooked up wrong all along. When I fixed, that, it had a lot of low end. The mid-range hit obscured the low, but I practiced absolutely lugging it up hills and it pulled every one of 'em. I think the mid-range and top end just made the low end seem weak. However, I NEVER got the bike to run smooth in the mid-range. I have to ride 3-5 miles down smooth dirt roads (on our ranch...) to get to "sections" and the WR hated steady throttle- blub, blub, blub. I think I needed a different needle, but no one could tell which one I needed, so I just lived with it. Under actual riding (accelerate, brake, accelerate, brake, etc.), it was fine.

Love the KDX, though....

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…