knobbytracks

Oct 29, 2001
I've been experiencing a lot of exhaust drool on my 1.5 mo. old 200. I'm using Maxima 100% synthetic pre-mix oil at a 32:1 ratio with premium (95 oct.) fuel. In a thread dated 11-09-01,canyncarvr stated not to use Maxim (Maxima) oil. Why is this? Personal choice? Does a 100% oil not burn thoroughly?
BTW, I'm using a 45p, 155m and was running the clip in the mid position until a couple of days ago and went down a notch per reccommendation of a 1/4 throttle burp (lean on the needle setting), but I noticed even more drool. Tonight I raised the needle into the 2nd position but I'll try it in the morn. (don't think the neighbors will take to kindly with me rippin' up the street tonight).
Also, I ride at 4900-8000 ft and the temps lately have been in the mid 50's. I ride mostly back and forth to work (5 mi. round trip) around 30mph and don't get on the pipe to clean the cobs out much. I do try to get out on the dirt on the weekends to clean things out. Any advice?

Mac

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 17, 2000
I think my KDX is jetted pretty close with 155 main 42 pilot needle clip in #4(winter jetting) and I still see spooge. I run Golden Spectro @ 40:1 and I've heard that this oil will spooge alot. I dont know about Maxima but maybe its spooging characteristics are similar to GS. I you dont want pipe drewl than I've heard yamalube is pretty good and spews less tar.
Pipe tar is annoying and ugly but it doesn't mean your bike has a problem, it means your riding a 2stroke.

Dont jet your bike to get rid of spooge, use a good mix ratio with a good oil and jet the bike properly. If you still get spooge and it bothers you then try a different oil.

stinx

Jul 25, 2000
I havea 02 kdx 200. I was running spectro at32-1 and was seeing alot spooge also. I have switched to motul 100 percent synthetic oil at 40-1. so far very little spooge if any. It might be worth trying

KruncH

~SPONSOR~
Jun 15, 1999
I use Motul 800 T2 racing oil @ 64:1. This sounds VERY lean to some people but it's really not. Motul recommends STARTING the premix @ 50:1 and going from there.

I've been using it for almost three years. I've done four top ends on mine and my friends bikes and the results are amazing. It is very expense oil at about $16 after tax but it's worth it. I can get about 17 gallons from one bottle and at 24 mpg, that's almost 400 miles per bottle. When I look at it that way, it's really not that bad.

As far as spooge goes, that only time i've have trouble is when my jetting was WAY off.

Just my $.02
KruncH

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom