KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
I know that this may have been posted before but my searches are not showing up too much.

I am looking to make some mods to my wifes ttr and was wondering what pipe people reccomend. I have read some things about pipes being too loud - and i know that she will complain if it is too loud. But i also want performance.:cool:

The only modifications that we have made to the bike so far are the fork & shock springs. We will mod the airbox, jetting & pipe in the next few weeks. I am looking for feedback from people who have had experience with the pipes on the ttr (good or bad). What have you done to your ttr - and how do you like it??

We may do the 150 kit later but leaving the bore stock for now.

Last edited:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
But i also want performance

Jim get an FMF, and on the end of it stick a Pampera 250 :D

Kali spent a bundle on her TTR, nearly 6 grand in total, money you will never get back. Time for an upgrade !

BTW at ttr125l.com I did see a number of pipes for the ttr125 mentioned. http://www.ttr125l.com/exhaust.htm

Alan

Last edited:

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Alan,

As you know - Wendy is going to get a Pampera. That does not mean that we are going to get rid of her ttr! We will keep it around for a spare when friends show up w/o a bike. Besides - i have fun on it from time to time too.

I have found more on pipes while searching the olds posts (don't know why i did not see the info the first time) :confused: BUT i still do not know which one to get. I will probably go with the BBR or the Big Gun pipe.

(We will See you in April at LL)

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
there was a girl on a ttr at wayne a few months back with the big gun who seemed very happy with the mod, and the bike certainly didn't sound all that loud. From what she said the bike felt more responsive. It's also a pretty neat looking pipe as well ;)

BTW have you and wendy seen the post for our planned ride in march down here? It's in the organized rides forum if you'd be interested in attending.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Scooter has the BBR pipe... yes, it's louder than stock, but then again, my lawn mower is louder thana stock TTR :) . Seriously, it's not loud. Def. a lot snapier than stock.

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Thanks everyone for your advice. I ordered the BBR pipe. I kind of think that i should have gotten the Big Gun pipe. :think

I get so confused. Anyway - the driving force in the decision was that i needed to order the BBR chain guide for Wendy (as her chain has come off numerous times with that factoy poor excuse for a chain guide).

As i am a impulse buyer i got the engine cradle and free flow air filter too. :confused: :( :ugg:

Luckily Wendy came upstairs while i was on the phone - else i would have a complete 150cc/carbed/CRframed/..... BBR TTR!:eek:

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom