Moose95

Sponsoring Member
Mar 9, 2002
Ok Guys,

I'm bolting on my new out of the box FMF Gold Series Gnarly Pipe (KG-35?) and OF COURSE I'M HAVING PROBLEMS!!  Nothing major, but I'm noticing that the second gasket isn't completely covered by the cylinder.  Other than one other bolt not quite lining up this is the only problem I've had.  Is this normal?  Should both gaskets/rings be fully inserted into the head or not?  Thanks.

Matt

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
By "gaskets" do you mean the O-rings? I don't recall the last O-ring sticking out on my FMF. However, I have never used that front gasket, part number 11009-1995 (not the O-rings). I just use the o-rings and seal the pipe connection with some clear silicone sealant. Sometimes the fit quality of FMF is not the best. I'd recommend removing the front fender to give you some working room and then do a couple of dry (no sealant) test fit-ups to see if it is a problem with the mounting holes or not. The brackets are somewhat adjustable, so loosen them up so you can move the pipe around for best fit.

clutchcover

~SPONSOR~
Feb 21, 2002
I went to my local hardware store and pick up some slightly larger diameter o-rings. The Ones that FMF supplied were way to small and leaked. The ones I bought were $.39 a piece, the fmf o-rings run like $15 around here. Not sure what they want on the site, but it's definately not $.39. I have had them in for 4 months and no problems. They were a fairly tight squeeze to get them in, but thats all the better in my book.

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
The second o ring sticks out slightly on my FMF pipe. It is probably becuase of the copper gasket that is on the face of the mating surface between the pipe and exhaust port. Mine dosn't leak at all.

Moose95

Sponsoring Member
Mar 9, 2002
Hey guys,

Sorry, I've been out of town on business.  I was referring to the o-ring here my bad.  I did manage to get the pipe to fit and took it for a test run, VERY NICE!  Lovin' the feel.  I didn't think about the silicone sealant, good idea I'll have to apply some prior to a "wet run".  Thanks for the help!

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Both O-rings fit inside the cylinder...even WITH two copper gaskets.

Doesn't mean it won't leak.

Takes about zip of a bump to tweak the pipe, then it leaks real good. That's when you need a tube of 'super-spooge-stopper'!

..or, if jetted correctly grab a tube of 'super-smoke-stopper-and-harmonic-pipewave-fixer';)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom