excel88

Oct 10, 2006
Hello,

I just purchased a used 1998 Kx250, i read the sticky on jetting, but i still am looking for an answer.

It has an FMF gold series fatty pipe, and a FMF silencer. I would like to take it off, and put the OEM exhaust on, im hoping it will quiet it down, and remove some of the power (as i am completely new to the sport)

Anyhow, moral of the story is that if i change back to OEM exhaust will I need to rejet?

PS I have no clue if it has been jetted in anyway.

Thank you in advance

toddb3

Apr 20, 2006
It would probably be best to take the bowl off the bottom of the carb and see what size jets you have in there, when I bought my last bike the previous owner still had the stock jetting but had added all sorts of modifications. Surprisingly it was running really rich when I took it home, I thought it would have been the other way around.

250racing

Aug 26, 2002
excel88 said:
Hello,

I just purchased a used 1998 Kx250, i read the sticky on jetting, but i still am looking for an answer.

It has an FMF gold series fatty pipe, and a FMF silencer. I would like to take it off, and put the OEM exhaust on, im hoping it will quiet it down, and remove some of the power (as i am completely new to the sport)

Anyhow, moral of the story is that if i change back to OEM exhaust will I need to rejet?

PS I have no clue if it has been jetted in anyway.

Thank you in advance

if you expect the stock silencer to be quieter than the fmf you will be dissapointed unless the fmf is a shorty. if you want a quiet bike buy a enduro silencer with a spark arrestor.

excel88

Oct 10, 2006
The post above is 100% correct.

I put the oem exhaust on today, and at anything put idle i would consider the thing to be louder.

Where would i purchase an enduro pipe? any links? power loss? rejet?

Thanks

Top Bottom