Pipe Problems

derekk87

May 29, 2002
Hey guys i know this is a dirtbike forum but many of my freinds have fourwheelers so i was hoping i could get a little help with one. Its a 2000 Blaster, we put a pro circuit pipe on it the other day and he rode it down the road and shut it off to put on a coat. When he tried to start it back up it backfires and won't take any gas. It had a "Carbon Ball" in the stock pipe, i had never seen anything like it but several Blasters around here seem to have the same problem. They got a jet kit and had to go all the way lean to get it to run alright. I think it was to lean and it either burned up or is nearly burned up. Since it is the same motor as the RT180 hopefully someone has some experience. Any help is appreciated.

derekk87

May 29, 2002
I had never heard of carbon balls before but several people seem to have the same problem in the blasters. When the pipe is off you can hear it rattling around, it seems to be a little bit bigger than a golf ball and is made of really hard carbon.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…