pipe/silencer combo for 2002 yz125

sixds

Mar 25, 2007
i need a decent(quiet) pipe and silencer combo for my yz. i am pretty much sold on the fmf Q for the silencer, but will it sacrafice power at all? i want to gain low end, but still have plenty of top end.

and i have heard that on some of the pipes, the piston gets too warm when your on the throttle too much, i use my bike mainly for commuting, but sand pits and the occasional track as well.

my price budget is no more than 350$ canadian for both of them.

i am also planning to put vforce 3 reeds on when i get more money.

thanks for the help

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
IF quiet is the goal then the Q is the best bet I'm aware of, I'd stick to the stock pipe and get the Q silencer. If you want to get a pipe/silencer combo you're going to have to find used for under $350 CDN.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Both will have an effect, the silencer is definitely the large part of the equation which is why I suggested going for the silencer and sticking with the stock pipe.

hot125mod

Jan 14, 2007
the pc stuff is good, it better be for all the time and money Mr. Payton puts into R&D. But really they are constructed better and make more power throughout the entire and on a 125 have a ton of scream up top even when you should have shifted already.

Top Bottom