Piston blowby / Crank Case pressure?

sunrise

Dec 9, 2002
We all have Blowby from our pistons, right?
What does the Crank Case pressure increse to, from the Piston blowby on a good engine?
What does the tempture in the CC increse to in a strong motor?
From this effect dosent it aid in the vaporization of the fuel to transform the liquid to gas state?
What Pressure should the Case Pressure range from. Maybe +60psi, to 18"vacume as an example.
A Two Cycle is an air pump as I understant it. This air pump creates Volume changes in rapid rates of change.
Their any Princples to follow for the best pressure rate changes?
Would think, every rpm would have a pluse. The best pluse in my mind, would be to go from 30" to 150psi. Maybe less psi.
Am I close to whats been charted?

What is the best Crank Case Tempture to achive for the Fule to Vaporize at?

Is their any Knollage on this Principle?
I can Understand that this would be influanced by piston dia and motor CC, Porting, maybe Pipe range.
Whats considered weak and strong CC Pluses?

vznx1w

Dec 7, 2000
Blowby into the crankcase is BAD:
1. It reduces the efficiency of the compression and power strokes.
2. It dilutes the incoming charge with burnt gas (like an EGR valve on a car.)
3. It heats the incoming charge which decreases the gas density. So less fuel/air mix can be drawn into the cylinder. You are correct in assuming that the heat will improve fuel vaporization--which may improve fuel economy and transient throttle response. However, the loss of charge density will definately result in reduced WOT power.

Steve

Fark

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2002
Question: would the mixture be rich with severe blow by?

Would the same amount of fuel would be drawn thru the carb, only to mix with exhaust gas in the crankcase? I realize exhaust gasa is inert in combustion; it just takes up space. Therefore the exhaust 'chokes' the motor by taking up air space while the fuel is suspended in the ehaust gas?

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
On my 85Cr125 i had as a youngster i used to run it till it was very worn on the top end(low funds) and it got richer as it wore.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
in a back handed sort of way, i think i have found this too. my old piston was so worn and the bike seemed way rich, no matter what i did. new piston and it ran infinately better.

Top Bottom