yz450thumper

Mar 26, 2004
My son has an 03 yz 85 that needs a new top end and I have been getting a lot of different opinions on what piston to get.Should i go with the weisco pro light or stock? Some say they only use weisco but that is in a 250 and others tell me that an 85 I need to stay with the stock.

I was thinking that the 2 ring weisco would last longer but i ain't got much experiance with 2-strokes. Thanks in advance

SULLY

Apr 17, 2002
I have run Wiseco pistons in my son's KX 85 for two seasons, with no problems. Just make sure when you come to replace the rings you get Wiseco ones, they are different to the stock ones (Thinner I think from memory)

yz450thumper

Mar 26, 2004
i am using penzoil in the crank case and 2 stroke mix from K mart. has the stock chain and lube it with wd40? what does that have to do with it anyway?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
yz450thumper said:
what does that have to do with it anyway?

Nothing, he just likes to hear himself type. His screen name should be Super PITA.

The OEM piston is really a good piston but the Wiseco pistons are usually cheaper, lighter, and in many cases longer lasting.

If longevity is a higher priority than horsepower then steer away from the single ring pistons and stick with the two ring versions.

Top Bottom