wardd

Aug 17, 2000
Hey, everyone. I debated submitting this to the 'Products/ Review' forum, but I think it fits here better....

Last year, I did a fair amount of Friday night 'stadium' racing, and hope to continue that this next season(we have 5+ inches of snow here in WI). One thing I've been looking for is a decent auxillary light system which I could use to illuminate my pit area. We had a few instances last year trying to do some quick repairs between motos using either a flashlight or auto headlights. I was thinking of maybe some kind of construction halogen light that works off a car battery, via cig lighter or other auxiliary 12 volt power supply. I'm just a guy in a full-size pickup, so no enclosed trailer. Does anyone use anything like this?

Also, I'm in need of a new pop-up canopy. Mine is only 8' x 8', and alittle small for more than 1 bike. Can anyone recommend the best(and reasonably priced) place, either online or other, to purchase?

Thanks
Wardd.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
How much are you willing to spend. You could get a construcion halogen lamp on a try pod and a small quiet generator. The generator will cost you a couple hundred. IT would not have to be very big. A car battery would be fit pretty will assuming that you could find a lap that runs on DC. I have you checked Cabella? A hunting or camping supply might have something.

wardd

Aug 17, 2000
Good idea, but I don't really want to spend that much. Plus, a generator would just be one more thing I'd worry about someone stealing. A friend of mine lost a nice power washer at a race last year:ugg: , which kind of surprised me.

I was kind of thinking that I could get something for under $100, even if it's just a halogen light with a 12v adapter. I've yet to find the adapter, but I have not checked Radio Shack. I'm guessing if it exists, they would have it. I might be concerned about the drain on the battery, even though the use would be limited.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I you could keep a good trickle charger on it when not in use. Just store it off the ground.But I'm not sure how long it would last. It would just depend on the battery you got and how much draw the lamps had. With something as bright as you car lights you proably would not get much more than a couple of hours out of it.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I bought a 10 inch Q-Beam a couple of years ago. It's a hunting spotlight that plugs into a cigarette lighter, and doesn't draw too much amperage. This puppy is BRIGHT. I think there is a cordless battery powered version available now.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Get a power inverter for under the hood of your rig, then just plug the work lights into it.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
I concur with XRpredator.

Power inverter - $30 and up (Pepboys, Kragen, Autozone)
Halogen lights on a tripod - $25 to $40 (Home Depot)

Top Bottom