Plaster in engine?!

Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
Well, after a day of riding and then cleaning the bike, I decide to take off the plastic cover on the left side of the engine which is over the magneto and stuff. I haven't taken off this cover in a month or so, but when I do after riding many times that month, a few teaspoons of pre-mix gasoline drips out. But when I took the cover off this time, about a tablespoon of what looks and feels like plaster came out :think: . It had that greyish tint to it and was real mucky. I assume that this is the pre-mix and maybe some water that leaked past the gasket, but not sure. Anyone know what this is for sure, or any thoughts?
Thanks alot
Jim

Shift-MX

Feb 10, 2002
If you pull off the magneto cover and find 'pre mix' or any substances like that, it usually means your crank case seal has a leak in it.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
The "plaster" stuff is oxidation mixed with what he^^^^ said.

Phillip

Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
I know that the crank seal has a leak in it, its not that bad though. I was just wondering how it turned greyish and plaster like, it never had before. Thanks alot for the replys.
Jim

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…