Plastic fork covers...can you get them for KDX?

JasonRan

Jun 6, 2005
I would love to get rid of the black rubber acordian style fork tube covers on my KDX and someone told me that they saw a KDX with the plastic covers like you would see on a bike with upside down forks. Does anyone know if these are available and where to get them? Thanks a million!

KDX200Kev

Sep 22, 2003
If you want to run a number plate with the plastic covers this is what works well to make it look modern. If your interest in it let me know.

KDX200Kev

Sep 22, 2003
OldDirtKDX said:
What is it from and where do I get one? :laugh: What mods are needed to bolt on?

I believe it is from a Suzuki RM 125. It is OEM, however this one has the center screw opening at the top which is unique and will work well with the KDX upper triple clamp. The mounting holes at the bottom of the number plate can be zip tied onto the forks or use rubber mounting straps which I have. If your interested in buying mine let me know. I live in Fountain Valley so you can pick it up if you want. Just send me a PM.

JasonRan

Jun 6, 2005
Thanks for the offer, but I need to keep my light since I ride at night. Anyone else know about just the fork covers? Thanks!

Yamajeb

Feb 20, 2006
For what it's worth - '96-'98 RM125 / RM250 has this style front number plate / fork cover config . . .

I know acerbis and ufo offer these - maybe other aftermarket firms do as well.

arjay

~SPONSOR~
Nov 19, 2002
JasonRan said:
Thanks for the offer, but I need to keep my light since I ride at night. Anyone else know about just the fork covers? Thanks!

Foots has a KDX with conventional Showas. He uses black plastic KTM fork protectors from a late 90's model. They bolt on to the top of the fork and don't interfere with the headlight.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…