gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
I will be purchasing some new plastics soon for my 88RM125. Is Acerbis, Maier, and UFO the only after market plastic manufacturers?

If so, does anyone recommend one moreso over the others? Any experience with the quality of any of the plastics these manufacturers make?

B

biglou

I've bought application-specific plastic from Acerbis and was pleased with it. I have also bought some generic parts (fenders & #plates) from Maier and UFO. IMO, the Acerbis is the highest quality of the three.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Well looks like Maier is out unless I wanted to go all stock. I'm trying to get more 'updated' plastics that will fit. I really want to get a black rear fender and black side panels. Yellow front fender and shrouds. This is going to be a lot of trial and error. :confused: It's down to UFO and Acerbis. Might end up with a hodge podge of both.

DPW

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2000
I've used both Acerbis and UFO and I'd go with UFO. Both good stuff, but UFO seems higher quality at least the plastic for my bike was, 99 YZ400F. I'd just go to a shop and compare the two if you can.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Well upon further investigation it doesn't seem like I have much of a choice. UFO is the only one that offers plastics in the color I want for the year(s) I'm looking for.

Thanks for your input. :)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I prefer UFO over Acerbis, Maier is crapola IMHO. And it's Plastic. Not "Plastics" :D

bwalker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 10, 2000
Acerbis fenders for my cr 250 fit good, but faded after about a month. The rad wings and side plates fit like crap. I ended up returning them and buying OEM.

Last edited:

ZOOK250

Oct 5, 2001
i have used acerbis before and found that underneath the fenders, the finish is not smooth . the roughness of the finish holds dirt and never looks clean. the fit is top notch however. ufo finish is smooth under the fenders making it easier to wash.

Buzz Bomb

May 9, 2000
I think that One Industries makes the best quality plastic. It seems to be even more sturdy than stock. I bought some of their sidepanels and they were better quality than the stock Honda plastic, IMO.

Top Bottom