garrettkite

May 26, 2002
That's what i was thinking! I have a friend that has a 1992 KDX 200 and it looks exactly like an 88-02 KX 500, in fact a few other people even commented on the resemblence. I held a picture of a KX 500 next to my friends bike and they looked almost exactly the same. The side panels and the radiator covers look exactly the same on both of the bikes. It's pretty crazy! the only difference i could see in the two bikes was the shape of the pipes. The gas tanks even appear to be the same!

garrett

jdbrusch

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2001
The 89-94 kdx frame was based on the earlier kx series of dirt bikes.The side panels(# plates)are the same as is the front fender.The rad covers list under a different part # so I am not sure they are the same,the Kdx had a larger capacity tank so they maybe different parts altogether.
James..

SQUIRLEYMOFO

Jun 11, 2002
Thanks for replies .... I think they are close enough to use the graphics.Of course I won't put the KX500 logo on but the '01 black and silver stripes look good to me.John

CMcCarthy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 22, 2002
I've researched this extensively looking for an updated graphics package for my KDX. The shrouds and tank look quite similar, but are totally different in the way they mount to the bike. The vent holes in the shrouds are different, so you'll have to cut up the graphics a little. I Have considered having a custom set of graphics made at http://www.decalmx.com , But they are ridiculously expensive. They are on the order of $150 for the first set, and $70 for each additional set. If you would all like to set up a GP, we might be able to hook that up.
-Charles

Top Bottom