Please Help I Cant Control My Bike

yellowcr

Oct 16, 2002
THIS IS CONCERNING A 2000 CR 250. I BLAMED THE SNAP OF THE POWER FOR SOME TIME. A FEW OF MY RIDING FRIENDS THINK IT IS MY SUSPENTION. IT JUST WANTS TO ALWAYS SPIN THE REAR TIRE OUT OF A CORNER. IF I NEED TO HIT A JUMP RIGHT OUT OF THE CORNER IT IS HARD TO PICK MY LINE AND KEEP THE BACK OF THE BIKE BEHIND ME. IF THE TRACK HAS NO INSIDE LINE I ALMOST HAVE TO RIDE THE HIGH SIDE OF THE BURM TO KEEP ANY TYPE OF SPEED. I AM ALSO A LEARNING RIDER BUT CAN DO BETTER ON OTHER BIKES. PLEASE ANY HELP ON SUSPENTION WOULD BE APRECIATED. I HAVE PUT STIFFER SPRINGS IN THE FORKS AND ON THE SHOCK. I RECENTLY HAD THE REAR SHOCK RECHARGED AND THE OIL CHANGED IN IT. I AM ALSO RUNNING A MICH. M-12 REAR TIRE. THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND THOUGHTS.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Get ahold of a tuning guide; if you haven't done it already. I was amazed at the difference in the ride of my scoot when I spent an hour or so turning clickers and writing down the results. Having someone with you who is willing to chart the changes and standing by with a screwdriver speeds things along also. The second person can also see what the bike is doing and offer his opinion as opposed to just what you are feeling.
One of the sponsors here has an excellent tuning guide on his site for download
MX Tech Tuning guide
Good luck
PK

btw: don't shout so loud next time ;) we'll still hear you :)

Last edited:

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
If it is not hooking up out of a corner,lower the compression a couple clicks,and /OR run less preload on the rear spring(more race sag).Make sure your rear spring is right for your weight.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…