Please wlecome me to the KTM family!

crrod

Aug 14, 2006
I'm relatively new to 2 strokes, got my first about a month ago, the 99 CR125. It is virgin, and will need a new top end and fork serviced before to long. Thinking about the down time (I know those items shouldn't take long at all),I was scoping out a second bike. I ended up buying a 99 300 MXC. I'm pretty sure my CR125 is now the second bike. I've had the MXC all of about 4 days now and absolutely love it! The power is very addictive.

I cannot coment one way or another as to the reliability of either one, they both run good and start easy. I can just tell the 300, while never having the engine torn apart, has loads more compression and still seems really tight.

I was having a harder time turning with this bike until I set the COMP and REB back to standard settings, which help a bunch. Thank goodness for factory settings, I'm not experienced enough to fine tune a suspension.

Just wanted to let evyone know I've been a Honda guy all my life, always will be, but this KTM is awesome :nod:

crrod

Aug 14, 2006
I road most of the day Sunday and Monday, mostly on the KTM. What a great bike, and never a bit of trouble other than to much weight on the handle bars on one of my landings causing them to twist down. They weren't all that tight when I went to loosen the clamps and straighten them up.

Love that low end torque!

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
I used to putt around on 99 300 MXC. Best woods forks ever. Torquey for sure but would rip your arms out on the top end. Glad you like.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…