Plug gap on kdx 250

SPAWN

Nov 19, 2006
Could anybody tell me te correct plug gap on a '94 kdx 250. I'v got no idea what it could be.

43Duc748

May 13, 2004
Someone w/ a like year KDX200 manual should be able to answer that for you. I have the KDX250 supplemental manual, but the section referring to spark plug gap says "refer to base manual". That said, when I replaced my plug I measured the gap of the old plug and it was the same as the new plug out of the box, so in it went and the bike runs with no problems.

BTW, I went with a hotter plug than stock. I think I went with a BR7ES, but I can't be certain without going out to the garage and digging around.

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
In the USA, it is .7mm - .8mm. I don't know if that is the same as whatever version was available in South Africa, though. There were dual sport versions in some countries known as the SR, which was not available in the USA. There was just a dirt only version.

43, check section 14-4 in specs if you have the -52 version of the supplement manual.

Thank you for your page!!

43Duc748

May 13, 2004
glad2ride said:
43, check section 14-4 in specs if you have the -52 version of the supplement manual.

Thank you for your page!!

I'm not so smart.... It's there, I just didn't look hard enough. :bang:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…