ochster

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 11, 2000
Somewhere in a magazine, I saw a set of plans for a cantalever plywood work station. I also have seen numerous photos of Eric Crippa performing task, on the same design. It had a hinged up/down tail, that acted as a ramp. It appeared to be hinged in the center, with the sides cut at an angle from the center rearword. The one I saw, used a bikeshoe mounted to the top/front of the deck, to hold the bike. One of the things that interested me, was that it appeared in many remote location photo's. It appeared it was fairly easy to load/unload out of a trailer. Any one know where I saw these plans?

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
this won't help you much, but i remember seeing plans for that in dirt bike mag in the early 70's. hope somebody can find it, i'd like to do 1 too.

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
I know exactly what you are talking about. Seems it took two pieces of plywood and doubled as a toolbox when it wasn't set up. I thought there was a link somewhere in a thread on DRN about a year ago. Try searching. I'll see what I can dig up.

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
Yes, I made one and it works awesome. Makes working on your bike very easy. You can just bearly see it on this photo but I will try to get another one up soon of a side shot.

HERE

Last edited:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I built two platforms, 18"wide x 16"tall and 8' long. The cost was $44.00 and took about 30 minutes to build. I have the plans if anyone is interested. You can even have the lumber yard or building supply cut the wood for you for about $3. I use them for my bikes, atv's, and riding lawnmower. I highly recommend them. I'm currently working on a portable one and hope to have it done in a few months(when I get time to work on it).

Top Bottom