[poll]which pipe do you like best?

Jul 25, 2005
everybody which pipe do you like best for the kdx bikes. what s better for each bike and what do they do.... :cool:

Imathorp

Dec 29, 2003
I've used the Gnarly Woods and Desert (Rev) pipe with the powercore II silencer. I like them both. the woods gives me more bottom (of course) and the Rev i like in longer more wide open races where i can get the top end power i need.

I've learned to use the Desert in the mud and it works well too. i can keep it under the pipe easier and bog it through in a higher gear. once out, a quik fan of the clutch and the beast is alive again.

so, tight hilly slower trail speeds= Woods
open faster trail speeds=Desert (rev)

kdx220freak

Registered
Aug 23, 2005
well, i have a gnarly woods pipe and i think i feel some bottom end increase. I just have a question for all who have this pipe. I cant exactly get the mounting tap near the tank to work with the mounts that i use with the stock pipe. Why is this? Does this happen to anyone else??

kdx220freak

Registered
Aug 23, 2005
WHAT!!!!!!!! :| have these people taught you nothing!!!

jk jk. I like the stock cause its quiet, but i will amit i do see a difernence in power, but like i said im not sure if its worth the $300 for an aftermarket pipe.

'01 KDX 220

Sep 22, 2005
kdx220freak said:
WHAT!!!!!!!! :| have these people taught you nothing!!!

jk jk. I like the stock cause its quiet, but i will amit i do see a difernence in power, but like i said im not sure if its worth the $300 for an aftermarket pipe.

Depends where you ride primarily...I also like to be quiet.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…