Poped silencer bolt head

358racer

Sep 21, 2002
How do I remove a bolt head that poped off my sliencer? Its a 10mm bolt and 6mm thread. Its a 1991 kx80 any help is needed please! :(

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
The easiest way is to drill and tap the hole witk a 6mm tap seice it sounds like an easy out won't work in this case due to the fact that it broke when you were "wrenching" on it. If you don't have a tap, you can use a hli-coil.

358racer

Sep 21, 2002
I tried using an "Easy out" and got the damn thoing stuck in there can anyone help me out i need to get this fixed!!!!!! :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:

aaasickboy

Nov 4, 2000
there are some tool companys that make a lefthanded cutting drill bit. this is what you need.If you already drilled a hole you are going to have to get the next size drill. If that doesnt work go buy a heli-coil set for a 6mm by 1.00 bolt and ues the drill bit suplied to drill out the bolt. then tapp it with the tap suplied and install the heli-coil using a bit of loc-tight to ensure the heli-coil stays in. be sure to drill straight and level

bnr

Feb 27, 2002
You can tig weld a new nut to the broken threads if its not to deep. This works great because of the expansion during welding and the shrinkage when it cools off. I have done this quite a few times.

358racer

Sep 21, 2002
Thanks for the tig weld tip becasue I tried drilling it and all I found was that the easy out was made of tempered steel and was to strong to drill. Do you think that the weld will attach to the tempered steel?? Thanks

358racer

Sep 21, 2002
SILENCER BOLT

Anyone have any other ideas? :aj:

Last edited:

bnr

Feb 27, 2002
Do you think that the weld will attach to the tempered steel?? Thanks

300 series stainlees steel sticks to tool steel and shrinks quite a bit too. Regular steel rod will probably work also but will probably pop a little when welding. It doesn't take much rod just a dab then cool the bolt with a squirt of water and it should come right out.

cr25096er

Apr 16, 2002
im not exactly sure as to which bolt you snapped. is it that important? is it one of the 4 or so bolts that u need to take out when repacking the scilencer?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…