BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
Something has changed. Either on my browser (IE 5.5) or on DRN. In the last couple of days, every single time I change pages in DRN, I get the popup. The problem for me is that at work, the corporate monitor program does not like something about the popup’s URL and intercepts it and displays a stern “site forbidden, we are watching you” message. I’m fairly sure there’s counter and special attention is paid to users who exceed some unknown threshold. Even though I browse at lunch, I’d rather not have that kind of attention. I’ve already changed my default to one of the “Adfree” skins. Is there anything else I can do?

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
There are lots of programs out there that will block pop up ads. Here's a link to one Click Here The download link is at the bottom of the page.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
If you log out it will pop up when you come back. I just stayed logged in all the time.

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
i dissagree dude, i guess you guys call them po-pups? we call them pronto -pups, i've heard po-boy pups, but none the less. i like po-pups, ya put some mustard and a lil ketchup on e'm, even grab a beer from a vendor, it's good stuf. relax and go with the flow, pups are good eating!

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I've got an infestation of th "xads" generator on my computer, does anyone know how to make it stop? I'm not interested in reducing debt or increasing, well....I'll leave it at that, death to the popup windows :aj:

rfs mike

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2002
I use "Norton Internet Security". It blocks pop-ups, has firewall protection, parental control, intrusion detection, antivirus and it even has this "Trash can" I can open and paste any address in there and you’ll never see another ad or spam from that address again. I works on my e-mail also. I think it cost like $49.00 a year for a good package. Check it out.

www.norton.com

:)

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I have ad aware but it doesn't detect the xad gen. I know it's on here because it's files are in the system folder but can't be deleted. It's an annoyance more than anything but I still dislike it.

Top Bottom