possible scam 03 250sx suspension switched

Kevin Graehl

May 6, 2003
i just purchaced a 2003 ktm 250sx. photos at photobucket
album====== kgraehl
the pictures on the bottem of the page are of my old bike that i traded it for

my concern is that i believe that the shock that came with the bike was swiched with a pre 03 pds model. the 2003's are suppost to come with a 5018 pds.
after taking off the shock and inspecting it it seems that my assumtions were true-built into the casing is 4510.. an older version of the pds?

before confronting the seller i want to have my facts strait so i don't sound like an idiot so if anyone can send me detailed pictures of the shock like i have on photobucket so
i can come to a conclusion.

also there are these weird marks on the front forks that don't look right --zoom in on to see what i am talking about.

i asked if everytning was original and stock. he stated the his dad- a suspension builder whos name i might revell later revalved the front and rear .

the reason i asked is becase i could clearly see that the shock had been dismantled at one point from wrench marks. So i am hoping that i didn't get the front and rear end from a 2001 model.

please look at the pictures if you have a 5018 shock and tell me what number is casted in the alumimun next to the resevior.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…