possible scam 03 250sx suspension switched

Kevin Graehl

May 6, 2003
i just purchaced a 2003 ktm 250sx. photos at photobucket
album====== kgraehl
the pictures on the bottem of the page are of my old bike that i traded it for

my concern is that i believe that the shock that came with the bike was swiched with a pre 03 pds model. the 2003's are suppost to come with a 5018 pds.
after taking off the shock and inspecting it it seems that my assumtions were true-built into the casing is 4510.. an older version of the pds?

before confronting the seller i want to have my facts strait so i don't sound like an idiot so if anyone can send me detailed pictures of the shock like i have on photobucket so
i can come to a conclusion.

also there are these weird marks on the front forks that don't look right --zoom in on to see what i am talking about.

i asked if everytning was original and stock. he stated the his dad- a suspension builder whos name i might revell later revalved the front and rear .

the reason i asked is becase i could clearly see that the shock had been dismantled at one point from wrench marks. So i am hoping that i didn't get the front and rear end from a 2001 model.

please look at the pictures if you have a 5018 shock and tell me what number is casted in the alumimun next to the resevior.

Top Bottom