power for pw 50

motocross3

Jan 30, 2008
I got my brothers pw 50 running and it has no power it won't even pull my 55 pound brother up a hill and it used to pull my 130 pounds around. I've already cleaned the air filter and sprayed some carb cleaner in the carb. Is there anything else i can do to get this thing back to power. BTW when i was reading through some of the other posts people would ask if it had been sitting for a while. does this affect it and it has been sitting for 2 years then we got it out again then after a couple months it sat for another year. Any Suggestions!!!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Spraying carb cleaner into the carb is a good way to waste carb cleaner. It didn't do a thing for you.

You really should pull the carb off the bike, disassemble it and clean it properly.

motocross3

Jan 30, 2008
Okay i took it off dissasembled it cleaned it and reassembled it, and it still has no power, i also put a new spark plug in it, btw thanks for the advice indy

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
clutch might need adjusted, but I'd bet it needs a set of rings.

motocross3

Jan 30, 2008
okay ill try to get the parts and get it running good again, thanks for all your help

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…