mnnthbx

Apr 1, 2003
After rejetting my 03 200 to cure a fouling issue (or at least lessen it) via a 155m, 45p, and motul 40:1, I seem to have less off idle power.

Either my jetting has hurt the low end or......... after riding for two weeks after taking a decade off, I am beginning to get used to the bike, and can use the power up now.

I'm 210lb. The bike will pull the front up easily in first, easily in second after the revs are up a bit (not of idle), and will lightly float the front in third if I ream it pretty good.

Does this sound about right for a stock 200 or a bit soft?

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Have you adjusted your airscrew? Temperature has a significant impact on jetting and the airscrew will need to be adjusted to compensate for the change. As the temperature increases your mixture will get richer because the warmer, less dense air, carries fewer air molecules.

Last edited:

muggy

Feb 9, 2003
Right off idle it should pull pretty cleanly. Theres not alot of power right there, but it should not stumble. I went to a 42 pilot with a 155 main, and with 1.5 turns out on the airscrew i had a stumble right off idle. I held the throttle right on the stumble thinking lean bog, and then looked at the plug. It turned out to be rich. At 2 turns out on the airscrew, whap, it runs like a scalded dog right off idle.

I'd say warm your bike up, put it in 3rd gear, crack the throttle open just a tad and run it for a minute. Cut it and look at the plug. I bet your a bit rich down there.

This is with a fmf gnarly (torque) pipe, stock silencer, mix is 32:1, airbox lid is drilled a little, 500ft, 65F.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom