mudwalker

Mar 26, 2003
I already posted this under bored 240, I really should present this as a new topic so here goes.

96 200, FMF Rev, LA 240 kit ported, 42p 158main, stock needle, clip up top, AS 2-turns out, yamalube 40:1 no air box lid, running upstate NY w/ little altitude.

I believe I am having a problem with my PV, I have observed operation thru slotted cover after winter top end service and the PV appears to be operating normally. In higher gears (4th and up) at lower rpms an almost grinding or chattering noise is occuring until the revs come up. In lower (1st -3rd) gears the noise is less noticeable.
The cam inside the slotted cover does not snap open or closed, it moves progressively open then closed as revs increase and decrease. I suspect the problem is the centrifical actuator as the noise sounds as though it is coming from the crank/lower end.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Probably shouldn't run the bike until I fix. I'll be taking it apart to inspect, anything in particular or obvious items I should be looking for, nows your chance to share, something about a plastic gear that wears out????

Thanks people

mudwalker

Mar 26, 2003
Hadn't thought of that, I'm pretty sure thats not it. It seems to me there should be more power (wheelie kind of power) occuring in 4th gear at low revs. Slip the clutch and she is digging but something seems wrong.

I need to ride canyncarvr's bike for a few weeks, wanna trade?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom