rmrider45

Sep 8, 2008
just wondering on my 125 if i leave the power valve open what downfalls will i have with power etc. i noticed after i bought this bottom end that the power valve rod is not moving due to where it connects in the case its broken off
so i just took the rod out and have been riding like that.i can tell that the bike aint the same

the power valve must be closed atm

is there a way on that cyclinder to make the power valve stay open?

2strokes4life

Apr 1, 2009
I would say fix your power valve. It's not that hard. I just bought a 2002 RM 125. The power valve rod wouldn't move on the one I bought. When you take the clutch cover and right side main cover off you will see the power valve linkage. In my case it was stuck. There are 3 little BB looking parts that act as bearings. There are 3 cut out grooves in the linkage and one BB goes in each cut out hole. Mine had 2 BB's in one hole and it was restricting the movement. That rod should just move easily up and down with no restriction. The power valve is opened my centrifical force. It should be an easy fix, but it is a little time consuming. I wonder if power valve issues are a common problem on these RM 125's. Good Luck!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
You will be very disappointed if you either leave the PV open or closed. Leave it open and you will have no low end power. Closed and you'll have no top end. It is normally closed so without the rod hooked up it will not open on it's own.

rmrider45

Sep 8, 2008
the problem with the power valve rod is that where it goes into the bottom of the motor (cluth case )where it goes into the hole that it hooks to the hole is broken in half . i need to remove those two stubborn screws and replace that piece and i am all set

Top Bottom