kx500 kid

Jul 23, 2003
my kx500 has a rev pipe fitted for top end power i use it for super moto the speed is awesome i need it to keep up with big 4 strokes can i adjust the powervalve to open later to give me back some bottom end i have a lite flywheel weight which helps
cheers

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
i need it to keep up with big 4 strokes

Either jet it properly, or learn how to ride. ;)

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Maybe you could play with power valve governor springs. Maybe a stiffer weight spring would change actuation. OR limiting the amount of balls in the governor or ramp angles etc . OR changoing the actuation piont of the rack & pinion assy on the linkage. Alot of tuners used to change around different years of governors on KX125s for different power spreads . Im no expert here but just a thought. GOOD lUCK

kx500 kid

Jul 23, 2003
Thanks mate thats given me something to think about.I have done some more research and by adding some shims to preload the spring .010" at a time you can delay the opening point which will alter power delivery.

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
kid check out some of the team green hop up reports on all the bikes esp the older 125s, they were always changinging balls springs and ramps . WWW. TEAN GREENNEWS.COM or something like that. Good Luck.

Top Bottom