kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
I was out near Corona, CA yesterday completing some "sales calls" and decided to check out all the hype on the Kawasaki test track. Sure enough just like everyone has been talking about in the magazines, there's the SX test track not more than 20Ft away from the I-15 freeway.
The test track was gnarly with plenty of jumps and huge whoops. Out on the track, Paul Carpenter and Matt Walker were having fun. Walker looked really fast, Carpenter was about as fast, but could not make the whoop sections cleanly.
Next up- Tedesco and Langston. I couldn't get over how cool this was-- middle of a boring Monday afternoon, and I'm seeing this--Tedesco was out there having fun, throwing whips for the other 10 people lining the fence with me. Langston looked OK, but wasn't as fast as Tedesco.
I was just about to leave when I saw a pickup with a Number 21 bike in back pull up to where the other riders were parked. I thought cool I can watch Roncada for a bit. But this fat dude got out of the truck. Weird I thought maybe this guy was Roncada's mechanic who was just going to unload Roncada's bike and prep it for him, while maybe his rider pulls up in a Ferrari or something.
Turns out the fat guy starts suiting up---it was Roncada. Whew he looked bad and point of note--he really just putted around the track, and maybe did 1 or 2 hot laps.

TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
No wonder he was running hot and cold with his racing. If his back problem can't be fixed surgically, how on earth is he still going to race without being on some sort of pain killer? Hopefully building up his abs and back muscle will be enough to help reduce the pain to a manageable state. Surely racing would only aggravate the condition more?

It sounds like he's been through his own personal hell and I wish him all the best.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I wish him well :ride: He, Bubba and Hepler made for one of the most exciting MX races i have ever seen live, Hangtown.. Get it together RoROn..
Rick

Top Bottom