Pressure washer

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
You can run down to Home Depot and get an electric one. It's not as good as a gas powered Honda washer but it has worked fine at my house for about six years now.

Mine is the 1300psi model, pretty cheap. If I recall it was less than $100.00 bucks.

I take a 30 gallon drum of water to the race track and hook a hose up the the washer with gravity feed. It works fine...

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
I have an electric pressure washer that works fine with gravity feed water from a 5 gallon jug sitting on a bike stand. I have also did the same thing with my gas washer but for some reason it won't pick the water up like the electric does. I finally had to pull the trigger and have someone squeeze the jug to get it started after it started it worked fine. But the electric works fine.

butasan

Nov 25, 2007
Water Tank

What kind of water tank you guys use and where to get one?

I have a 5 gallon water tank from sports authority, but can't connect to my pressure washer(Husky 2200PSI gas powered pressure washer:which does not suck the water from a tank on the ground).

I would like to try again with the gravity.

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
My 30 gallon drum is an old oil drum I got from a quick change place. I have it in my bike trailer and the pressure from gravity is good enough to feed the washer. I bought a hose bib kit from Home Depot and installed it a few inches up from the bottom.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
we went to a car wash and asked the guys there. They would only let us have one if we took 4. The solvents they use come in 30 gallon barrels and because they have soaps or degreaser in them they become hazardous watse when they finish them. They were more then happy to get rid of as many as they could.
In order to hook up the hose I bought hose bibs with threaded ends at the hardware store. Then I drilled a hole at the bottom (not in the bottom but in the side at the bottom) which was slightly smaller diameter then the threaded end of the hose bib. Next I used some JB Weld in the hole and threaded the bib into the hole. We have used one of the tanks for over 5 years now and no leaks yet.

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
I have a 5 gallon plastic jug. Its a square jug that will lay on its side. I put it on a bike stand, you can use anything just as long as the bottom of the jug is higher than the pump. Mine come from a pepsi plant they ship syurp in them. It has a large screw on lid with a plastic spigot in it. I replaced the spigot with a brass adapter from the hardware store that I can hook a hose to.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…